Tourmaster has introduced their much awaited Tourmaster Epic touring jacket for the fall of 2008. It is a three-quarter jacket (available in black or hi-vis yellow) that has several nice features built into it.
Many of the Epic’s features were copied from the very successful Tourmaster Transition 2 jacket and include:
- Constructed of 600 denier Carbolex and 600 denier ballistic polyester
- Waterproof but breathable RainGuard barrier
- Shoulder, sleeve, chest and back vents
- Phoslite piping and strips for visibility
- Removable, quilted liner for added warmth
- CE armor in the shoulder, elbows and back
However, the Epic has some key differences which need to be mentioned:
- Aqua Barrier under-the-helmet hood to keep water from going down the back of your jacket in the rain (this is the same under-the-helmet hood used on Tourmaster’s high end rain gear)
- Integrated kidney and back support belt to help keep the rider comfortable on long trips
- Increased attention to detail and finish of the jacket
- Additional padding in the shoulders
If you are a touring rider, you might want to give the Tourmaster Epic jacket a serious look. Many of the features found in other touring jackets but at a cost that is under $300.
If you like this jacket, also consider the following:
She Rides® is a registered trademark and protected under the laws therein.
© 2000-2008 She Rides®